terça-feira, 21 de outubro de 2008

On the Wing

The following poem I wrote this year and posted in another blog, Veleidades, where I also gave a literal "translation" of it into Portuguese, without any concern for the formal elements, just to give an idea of what it is about for those readers whose English is not fluent.
I don't consider the renderings into a language whatever of something an author wrote himself in some other language whatever translations. I take them for originals in their own right. That was exactly the case, as I wrote then.

Now, the poem:

I don’t know what you think,
I don’t know what you want
I don’t know what you need,
I don’t know what to say

I sometimes think you think
I am not what you want
I am not what you need
Which you don’t want to say

If you do, you may lose
Altogether with me
This man, whom you could choose
To make happy and free

Well, while sipping your drink
You were charming, blithe, pure
There’s much fun, don’t you think?
In all that, to be sure

There's a fact in my eye
Unbelievably true
I can’t easily lie
Let alone lie to you

So, next time when I stay
Anywhere you don’t see
Will you call just to say
You’ve been thinking of me?

I am home, here comes spring
In the sky, what a blue
Look! May heart’s on the wing
All the way to meet you

4 comentários:

mundo azul disse...

Puxa vida...Você bem que podia escrever em Português! É mais bonito e eu entendo bem melhor...


Beijos de luz e o meu carinho!

João Esteves disse...

Olá Zélia, que prazer recebê-la. Estes versos estão com tradução literal em português no blog Veleidades

http://www.globoonliners.com.br/icox.php?mdl=pagina&op=listar&usuario=5765&mostrar=meublog

Isso de escrever "pra inglês ver" tem suas justificativas, meu poliglotismo precisa exprimir-se, e a blogosfera é conveniente para tanto. Pretendo com o tempo expandir meus blogs e separar seus conteúdos por idioma. Assim, abrir novo bloa só para o que escrevo em francês, outro para espanhol, até meu limite. Com o tempo. Ainda não tenho leitores estrangeiros em número suficiente para dar-me o trabalho. Ainda.

Beijos, luz e carinho para você também.

Anônimo disse...

Eu fico encantada com suas traduções.
Desse poema conheço uma verdade: seus olhos falam.

beijos

Rose

João Esteves disse...

Obrigado, Rose. Sempre poética, você. Imagino em que apuros me acharei quando tentar compor algo autoral a quatro mãos, dando seqüência a nossa já iniciada parceria poética. Sua inspiração sempre me boquiabre, quase me assusta.