sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2011

Nutness

I'm nuts. Plain like that, I am, and that’s all.
I don’t expect you to believe a word of what I am writing here (even if you are also nuts like me, which I have no reason to believe), despite the fact that I'm talking so shamelessly about myself (not at any rate my favorite subject, however much I resort to it while blogging).
In fact, I suspect my very wording here discourages belief in my nutness, but this won't make me any less nuts, though.
Then my hard-to-believe nutness.
If I want to explain it, it is highly advisable to do so understandably, otherwise in the end I won’t have explained a thing to any possible reader. I suppose I can do this, but the better I explain my own nutness, the harder to believe it naturally gets.
So, whether you believe me or not, I'm stating my nutness here. What the hell am I doing that for? This is something I don’t know myself, which makes good sense if you bear in mind that I'm really nuts.
The strangest fact about my nutness is its intriguing implausibility. Things I say do sound sound, and things I write usually sound still more so. There seems to be no way out.

2 comentários:

JMMEE disse...

Hello João.
It has been quite some time since I have been on blogger and thought I would check in on your Me and My English blog.
I enjoyed reading your "Nutness" posting. It was quite articulate, entertaining and well worded.
Your description of your "nutness" reminds me a great deal of a close friend and how he describes his "quirkiness". I find it to be a case of individualism and "marching to your own drum", comfortable in who you are and not worried about what others may think.
I am looking forward to reading more of your previous postings as I get "caught up" in the blogger world.
I am currently working on a new Written Words posting and hope to soon be back in the habit of posting.
Blessings!

João Esteves disse...

Thanks for the visit, Marna.
We all live brethless, understandably enough.
Hope you resume soon your habitual writing.