segunda-feira, 22 de junho de 2009

Awards, Awards!

My first blog at Blogspot, Bonde Andando, is now running for an award: TOP BLOG.

It's been with surprise that I got the stamp. I was not told a word about by whose appointment my blog is now running for a Top Blog award. I have no previous experience whatsoever with awards, and never thought I ever would. Maybe I have already got secret friends somewhere the blogosphere over, who knows?

The surprise was no doubt a very pleasant one. Lucky me, I thought. I'm not an important blogger. Not a famous one, either. True, Bonde Andando enjoys a relatively small - however faithful - readership. But I just can’t help thinking of my blog in its own right as average, just average.

The themes dealt with therein are average. My wording is plain. There's neither any great depth nor any far reach ever to be found anywhere in my text. It’s nothing much, in all senses, whatever the viewpoint. I like to write poems and I post some there, but I never thought of myself as being much of a poet. In fact, I feel I'm more of a free time rhymester. I’m just someone who likes to scan and rhyme lines exclusively for the fun I find about the whole thing.

The blog is not visually beautiful, which may represent one attraction of less. Just words, just text, plain text. I never exploited the tools available, most of them I haven't even taken the time to learn how to use.

Only the readership of Bonde Andando I deem really special. It's nothing short of an asset to the blog. A relatively small gathering of fellow bloggers from all walks of life, with all sorts of backgrounds generously share their opinions by commenting my posts. They give me much support by reading and liking whatever I write and then by telling me so through their comments.

But what if the blog ends up a winner? Considering such a possibility - no matter how realistic it is - is just natural now.

Well, in case my Brazilian "streetcar on the move" ever comes to be awarded, then I will in all likelihood start viewing the blog as somehow outstanding on the account of such award, though still as average as always. Something like an "outstandingly average" blog.

On what will come next there is of course no telling.

Come what may, I'll always acknowledge here, there and everywhere an indebtedness to my readers, my commenters, all my virtual friends.

7 comentários:

piccola marcia disse...

I really liked this tribute to your virtual readers and friends...
And from now on, I will be supporting you and your award.
Good luck!
(Excuse me and my bad english)

João Esteves disse...

Thank you, dear Piccola. Your support is really meaninful, and it reaches far beyond any blogs or awards.
Kisses, my dearling.

JMMEE disse...

Congratulations, João! :^)
Again, in your writing, I see a skill that is worthy of note.

One of the characteristics I have always appreciated about your blogs - though I must translate the two of them - is the simplicity. That perhaps is the drawing point, that which makes it attractive.
The reaction you express in regards to the award is indicative of a humble man who does not puff himself up and who has perhaps too low of opinion of his talent.
I wish you the best and say unhesitantly - continue your writing, in all your languages. By thus, you bless many, improve the proficiency of your languages, and contribute to the world of written language.
I always look forward to seeing what you "come up with next" in regards to your writing.
I wish you the best.

João Esteves disse...

Thank you so much, Marna.
Your presence and comments here grant this blog an international satus I just can't do without.

JMMEE disse...

Hello João.
I have wondered at times if the results of this nomination for a Top Blog Award for your "bonde andando" has been decided.
I have been away from home visiting our family for several weeks on the other side of the United States in Montana, Wyoming, & Colorado and have not been able to follow.... Now home, I am trying to catch up. I have not checked "bonde andando" yet - translating takes some time, so I am hoping to check that blog soon. For now I just wanted to see if you had written something here lately.
Many Blessings!

João Esteves disse...

Sorry, Marna. I took late cognizance of this comment.
Thanks for your interest and for having followed the whole award thing.
Bonde Andando simply did not get enough votes.
I've been away from the blogosphere for too long, I'm affraid. Breathless, as you use to say.

JMMEE disse...

João,
pLease do not feel the need to apologize. Breathless describes life perfectly for many of us at this time. I am sorry to hear Bonde Andando did not receive enough votes. The writing there (as best as I could translate it) was interesting and thought provoking.
I too have been away from the blogosphere long - realizing I have not posted since May. Where does the time go?
For me the challenge of writing and editing a drama script for a Christmas production has taken most of my writing time. Now that the script is completed and printed and we have started rehearsals, I hope to find time to write again. Though with line memorization and directing responsibilities with the Drama, that may not happen as often as I want.
I will continue to check back here to see what you may write. Your desire to write is obvious.
Blessings